Friday, January 25, 2013

Book Review: The Morganville Vampires. Vol 1

The Morganville Vampires, Volume 1
My rating:
The good points; It was a really easy fast read. I like when I can blow though a book in a few days, especially since this was two books in one. I liked the different view of vampires are evil and not romanticizing them. The bad points; It was a little predictable. The 16 year old gets beaten up by everyone, someone almost dies, and then they save the day. I know its fiction, but to have that much going on to one girl in such a short amount of time seemed to far fetched. Also the fact she is only 16 living in a 18 and older world was a little bizarre, why not just have her a super smart 18 year old. Then I would not get wired-ed out every time her and Shane (a 18 year old) make out. Also some of the stuff going on in her collage felt more to me like high school. Then there is the older girl (I will assume 18) picking on and beating up a 16 year old. Its just some of the stuff bothered me a little.
I am glad that I got the two books in one, and that the first chapter of the third book was in there also. The end of that chapter felt like an ending to me. I will probably not pick up the next few book sorry.
I do want to read the other stuff this author wrights about. I hear the Weather Warden stories are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment